Cross posts from.........................

This is the first place you need to stop after becoming a member and before your first post. You are responsible for reading and you are accountable for any infractions.

Cross posts from.........................

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:19 am

It is possible we could see some. there is a lot of good info that should be cross posted, even the humor items are worthy. :D
Mike

Re: Cross posts from.........................

Postby hammAR » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:07 pm

IMHO: IF you are referring to the other local forums, a lot of the members here originally posted a lot of those good info and humor items. Generally, cross-posting does not work out too well if it is implemented through linking, especially a steady diet of it. Additionally, posts and humor items on forums differ widely, what is allowed as post/humor on one forum is considered non-post/humor or even childish behavior by another forum.

However, if an originating author/poster wants to duplicate posts, as happens with Steel Shoots, 2nd Saturday Breakfast, Gopher Breakfasts, IDPA/USPSA matches, etc. then I would say it already happens to an extent. This forum is about community and as you can see we are outreaching not just to MN, but WI-IA-N/SD.......This forum is not about initiating, infringing, participating, or commencing anything that can be construed or considered "forum wars".

I guess that I would need more information or definition of what you are asking and specific examples before I would make a recommendation to the Administration.

Again IMHO, intended for discussion, not an official MGS response..... ;)
"The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with,” - Bobby Jindal
"“I am the infidel your Imam warned you about.”"
hammAR

Postby Don » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:39 pm

I will echo everything hammAR said and add to it that other places may find it a "personal attack" to croos post "their" reference.
I miss the days when computers were difficult for stupid people to operate.
Don

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:54 pm

I guess, I meant the originating poster would post it twice. Or I hope so. I surely didn't mean anyone would start any conflicts.
Mike

Postby hammAR » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:05 pm

Mike wrote:I guess, I meant the originating poster would post it twice. Or I hope so. I surely didn't mean anyone would start any conflicts.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with that...... :toast:

ETA: I am referring to posting, not the starting of conflicts.....
"The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with,” - Bobby Jindal
"“I am the infidel your Imam warned you about.”"
hammAR

Postby D-Day » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Official MNGunSite policy on linking to content found at other sites:

The general principle to be observed when including links to other sites is as follows:

Whenever possible, the ability to participate in a discussion here should not be dependent upon being a member of another forum or site

MNGunSite is it's own, distinct community. While a number of members here are also members of other forums (both local & national), not all are, and it should not be assumed that any given member will wish to join the forum being linked to just to read a single post or thread. In addition, whenever it can be reasonably accomplished, we do not wish the content here to be dependent upon the continued existence or maintenance of other sites (primarily other "informal" sites like blogs & forums).

We recognize that inclusion of links to content held at other sites is common practice throughout the Internet, and is generally encouraged as a way to cut down on the excessive use of server space, especially for images. MNGunSite management has defined the following as explicit exceptions to that standard practice:

* All announcements, such as upcoming classes, competitions, social events and "For Sale" posts, must be posted here without reference to similar announcements made on other forums
    * Links to individual posts on other membership-based forums or sites originally authored by the MNGunSite member creating the link, whether or not registration is required to access that post, are prohibited

Finally, as a courtesy to your fellow MNGunSite members, when linking to outside content (whatever the source), it is asked that you either quote a portion of that content, or summarize it in your own words, to allow those reading your post to make an informed decision regarding whether or not to follow the included link.

Thank you for your cooperation.
D-Day
Global Moderator

Return to Terms of Use